‘What gets measured gets done. What gets rewarded gets do well’ (Peter Drucker).
Performance must have consequences. Good and bad. The data that you collect about the performance of your employees through spreadsheets or online system such as www.HotelManagerOnline.com must be used to reward and discipline employees (see previous blogs). If not, they will realize that your performance appraisal system has no real meaning.
Every hotel recognizes its employees in a number of ways and this can often mean more than money. Rewards are either extrinsic (e.g. financial rewards) or intrinsic (satisfaction or a feeling of accomplishment).
There are many ways to recognize and reward people without necessarily handing over money. Research shows that nonfinancial rewards can be even more effective and powerful than monetary rewards.
This may include:
- Pubic recognition,
- Personal Thank You notes,
- Extra time off,
- Parties celebrating success, and
- Just saying a sincere ‘Thank You’!
Here are some further tips on how to reward and recognize employees:
- Celebrate success: Most organizations do not do this often enough.
- Reward straight away: Do not delay the reward: studies show that the effect is greater if a person receives a reward immediately after doing something well.
- Avoid routine-like rewards that people just take for granted: If you regularly reward the same behaviors, the rewards become a habit and lose its power.
- Reward effort, not just success: Reward for the right efforts instead of waiting for a major objective has been reached.
- Be careful about linking the performance of a number of specific measures with rewards. This may result in unwanted behaviors.
- Incorporate both individual and corporate performance when rewarding employees: Rewarding only individual performance may lead to decreased team. My preferred option is to reward based on a three-way split: individual performance, departmental or group performance and hotel performance.
This is the eleventh article in a series about using better data to better manage your hotel. The previous articles can be found here: http://hotelmanageronline.com/blog/
HotelManagerOnline.com will help you conduct effective room cleanliness inspection programs, improve your guest rooms cleanliness, and save some time on administrative tasks.